Sunday, March 10, 2013

9. Superpower

I should actually be on #8 - 3 childhood memories.  I started working on that and it is taking a little more time than I have available right now.  So I am skipping and will try to come back to that one tomorrow.

So back to superpower. 
If I got to choose to have a superpower, I would hands down choose to be invisible when I wanted to.  How many times have you wanted to be a fly on the wall.  I have said it myself but I don't really want to be a fly.  I just want to be in a room sometimes, listening and/or watching without being seen.  I think you would get to see and hear some pretty funny things.  Of course there would probably be things you couldn't really share because if no one thought you were there, maybe no one would believe you.  Plus there is always the chance that someone could be talking about you.  That could be really uncomfortable. 

One of my favorite childhood stories was of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses". 
In the story the King is trying to find out why his daughters slippers get worn through each night.  He says if anyone can figure out how, he could have his choice of the daughters for a wife.
Several men try to find out but the princesses put sleeping powder in their drink at dinner and the man falls asleep and never learns how the slippers get worn through. 
Then a man who has a magical cloak that makes him invisible, successfully follows the girls and finds out their secret.  The girls meet up with 12 princes and dance all night. 

Yes, I think it would be pretty cool to be invisible...at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...