Friday, March 15, 2013

12. My 5 senses right now



Sight:  Besides the computer screen, looking out the window I see the branches of the trees sway in the wind.  It’s after work and with the daylight savings, it is still very light outside.  I see my kitty looking out the window.  Something has his attention – he is very alert. 

Smell:  Dinner in the crock pot.  Tonight we are having breakfast burritos and I have homemade beans in the crock pot. My mom made homemade beans when we were little and I just can’t bring myself to eat the ones out of the can. 

Hear:  The bubbling of our fish tank.  Glub Glub Glub.  If I listen really hard I can hear a little traffic from the street that out house is tucked way back from. There are birds chirping and the rustling of squirrels running around.

Touch: The softness of the couch under me.  The hard plastic of the keyboard under my fingertips.  The perfect temperature.  

Taste: The sourness of the fresh squeezed lemon in my sparking water. And the spices from the beans cooking in the crock pot as I just tasted them. 

1 comment:

  1. Beans. I was supposed to make them this morning (3/20/2013) yikes! Called mom (the expert) at noon, she said I was too late; bummer. I'll shoot for tomorrow.
    Hugga Hugga,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...