Sunday, March 31, 2013

29. States I have been to:


California-
Born and Raised. I have been all over the state and seen deserts and blizzard, mountains and valleys. 

San Francisco, CA
A peek at the Golden Gate Bridge
Quincy, CA
Fresh snow in the morning











Oregon - 
I have driven all the way through Oregon, (from bottom to top and vice versa) on Hwy 5.  I have stopped and stayed in Ashland. But I have not explored much of this state.
Washington- 
Oregon/California State Line
Winston, OR
Wildlife Safari










 

Washington- 
Washington might be my favorite state that I have been to.  I know I was there when I was young but don't really remember.  But I have been three times in the last couple of years and can't wait to go back.  If I were to move out of California I would probably choose Washington but I don't really plan on moving out of California.
Seattle, WA
Space Needle behind Autumn leaves

Olympia, WA
Fall
  













Hawaii - 
I went to Hawaii on my senior trip.  We were in a very busy area of Oahu. I had pictured a lush, green, and tropical place, but we were staying on the city side.  We did take a bus tour that took us to the other side which was what I had pictured.  
The city busy side wasn't that impressive.  

Oahu, HI
Pretty water on the pretty side
Oahu, HI
The green lushness I imagined










Nevada- 
The state line of Nevada wasn't too far growing up so we found ourselves in Nevada every so often.  I have driven through Nevada (left to right and vice versa) several times traveling to Utah to see family.  That is one long brown road trip. 

Somewhere in Nevada
Stormy drive through Nevada











Utah- 
Visits to see family.  I even got to go skiing in Park City many years ago.  Most visits kept us in Salt Lake City until my cousin moved a little more East to Kamas.  Salt Lake City is surrounded by beautiful mountains and Kamas is in the mountains.   
Approaching the mountains of Utah
Where some of the winter Olympic
games took place.











Montana- 
Another really beautiful state.  I have only really been in the Northern part of the state.  Lots of green foliage, lots of blue water and skies.  Lots of snow and lots of beautiful days. 

Horse and a big blue sky
Montana
Lake MacGregor, MT












Colorado- 
If you count the airport.  I have had lay overs in the Denver Airport twice (round trip so that makes 4 times). 
 
I think this is Colorado.
From the plane window.


New York- 
I have seen the busy-ness of New York City and the calm of the country.  I had blisters from walking across the Brooklyn Bridge in the rain. Another state I want to go to again.
Busy City
Walking the Brooklyn Bridge
New York
Skyline from the Brooklyn Bridge











Connecticut- 
Another one that might not count.  We accidentally drove into Connecticut while in New York.  The guy in the front with the map, doesn't know how to read a map.  We made the most of it by going to a pier and an aquarium but on the way back out were rear ended, by a guy on his cell phone.
The pier in Connecticut
The closest I got to touching water
that may or may not flow into the
Atlantic Ocean











New Jersey- 
A day trip while in New York.  
Just a train ride away. 
No Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...