Wednesday, March 20, 2013

18. Something I have had for a long time

Two things instantly come to mind.  Both are gifts.  Both are important to me.  One is my Sylvanian Family Dollhouse.  Although this spends most of its time in storage, it is one of my most prized possessions.  I don’t know exactly how old I was when my parents bought it for me.  I think I was probably around 7.  You see, a cousin of mine had one just like it.  She had all the cute little things to go with it.  We were with her family at a store where she was buying more things for her dollhouse.  My mom bought me a little phone from the collection even though I didn’t have the house. On the car ride home my cousin told me to go ahead and give her the phone now because I would never get the dollhouse.  Crushed to the bone, I told my mother what she said.  During this trip there had also been other upsets caused by the family and she had had enough.  She took me to the store and bought me the doll house and some of the little animal families and put it on her credit card and this was something she just couldn’t afford.  My grandmother bought me the tree house that went with the collection (something my cousin didn’t even have).  Besides the countless hours of joy that came from playing with the doll house, I can’t forget the love my parents showed to get me something they couldn’t afford to protect my little heart.  I have let other little girls play with this dollhouse and I can’t wait for my niece to be old enough to have her turn. 
Watch this video to see how cool this doll house is.  



The other item is my castle.  My mom surprised me with this candle a long time ago. I have no idea how old I was.  She knew I liked it and bought it for me.  I fear the day it breaks.
It is beautiful whether it is lit or not.  
See....

Even better in person




1 comment:

  1. I'm on an iPad right now and the video isn't available, it will be on my list of things to do. Like the story, love this blog.
    Later,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...