Monday, March 4, 2013

3. A Picture That Makes Me Smile

A Picture That Makes Me Smile


I am assuming that I didn’t have to take the picture.  I figured that I should use the first picture that comes to mind. 
I can't help but smile when I see it.....

I first saw this picture on a coffee mug.  It was given as a gift to my mother in law.  I know it was purchased in Seattle, Washington.  While I was in Seattle, I looked everywhere for this mug.  I couldn't find it anywhere.  I found some cups and mugs with umbrellas in the wind on them which I didn't get because I was determined to find the one I really wanted.  This went as far as checking every single gift shop in the Seattle airport.  I kept seeing the other ones with the umbrellas but not the one I wanted.
I was running out of time as our plane was boarding within minutes.  I finally decided to get the cup with the umbrellas in the wind at the last gift store if they didn't have the one I wanted.  They didn't have the one I wanted, but this
gift shop didn't have the umbrellas in the wind either.  Figures right.  The thought raced through my mind to go back to one of the first gift shops and get it but time was not on my side.   
I could look at this and feel regret for not getting the umbrella cup but instead I look at it this way: I know exactly what to get the next time I go to Seattle.  And I love Seattle so I will go again.  

Why does this picture make me smile when it has such a crazy back story? 

1. This is so me.  I am the one looking up in the rain, enjoying it while the others are protecting themselves from it. I don't think I need to elaborate any more on my love for the rain.

2. I love Seattle and now this picture reminds me of it. It reminds me of the search in the airport (I also love airports and do not visit them enough). 


So when I got home I looked up the picture online.  I still haven't acquired anything with the image on it.  But one of these days, I will find it.
And in the meantime, I was inspired to create the image below to tide me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...