Monday, March 11, 2013

20. A photo that is at least 10 years old



Once again skipping a little ahead to something I have time to write about. 

 A photo that is at least 10 years old:
 
And this one is more than 20 years old.
When I was young and my dad was a timber faller, he worked out of the area a lot.  My mom, sister, and I would go to visit him on some of the weekends. He would be camping close to his job site.  This picture was taken on one such occasion. 
I have a lot of memories that go with visiting my dad while he was working, but I don't know which ones go together.  It's crazy how memories work.   The sequence that sticks in my head the most is getting there late at night after being kind of lost and having to stop and check a map while listening to the sound track of The Big Chill. (And now hearing those songs immediately takes me back to these memories) At one of the campsites I remember a creek we swam in. 
In this photo we (my sister and I) are sitting on the tail gate of our Toyota Land Cruiser (which is the source of a million other memories.) Right before this picture was snapped I think we were playing cats cradle.  I think we used to play this game a lot.  One of those games we just didn't get bored with.  I really love this picture.

1 comment:

  1. I just recently spent some time with this photo myself. I just walked around the house looking for it, and couldn't find it; poor memory, eh?
    No matter, as long as we got them.
    Circa 1988. I was working along the Oregon, California border, west of Hilt. I was camped next to a creek. I thank you guys for making that long trip to stay with me for the weekend. Mom might have been stressed, it was pretty much in the middle of Nowhere, no street signs, she did good. Brings a smile to my face, thanks, Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...