Friday, March 22, 2013

19. What book am I currently reading


I am currently reading. “Certain People of Importance” by Kathleen Thompson Norris published in 1922.

Something I think is super cool about this particular book is that the first few pages are a drawn out family tree to help you know who is who.  The family tree covers the years 1732 to 1894.  It runs through the first 100 years very quickly and doesn't really develop those characters.  But does give you a bit of a background on where the main characters come from. 

Is it strange that my favorite book wasn’t written by my favorite author? As stated in an earlier post, my favorite book is A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith.  I also very much enjoyed another book she wrote called Joy in the Morning.  But I read a third book by her, that I can’t remember the name of, but I remember not liking it as much.  I feel that it isn’t fair though because Kathleen Thompson Norris wrote a lot more books.  I have loved every one and I have read a lot.  I own a lot too.
Most of these are Norris books.
A long time ago I posted about the find of a lifetime at an estate sale where I found a bunch of books.  Those were Kathleen Thompson Norris books.  Anyway, in case I didn’t mention in that post she wrote in the early to mid 1900’s.  There is usually an innocent love story in them.  I think I read my first book by her when I was about 18.  The main character is usually between 18-25.  For a long time I was the same age as the main character and that was always fun.
I am not very far into the one I am reading right now.  I started it on my last trip out of town.  We were five miles out of town when Kyle asked me if I brought a book.  I was super disappointed because I had not and had so been in the mood to start a new Kathleen Norris book.  He turned the car around and came back for me to pick one out.  It made it extra special to get to read on our weekend vacation.  I have been very busy and haven’t had much time to read, so it is taking me a little while to get into this book.  At first I was thinking it wasn’t as good as her others but I don’t think it is that.  I think I have just been too busy.  Maybe I will go pick up the book and read a chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...